Serving Blacksburg, Christiansburg & NRV since 1990
7th Annual Trunk Show and Local Charity Fundraiser
Our Trunk Show was a Great Success!
With donations and our matching donation,
NRV Cares and VICCC now each have $560 more for their vital programs
Thank you to all who contributed !
At Dr. Steve Jacobs, Optometrist, it's our mission to keep the eyes of Blacksburg and the NRV healthy, seeing clearly and looking great. Whether you need sunglasses, anti-allergy eye drops, the latest in contact lenses, or just want to have fun trying on our great selection of eyeglasses, we're the eye doctors to see in Blacksburg, VA!!!
Help us say "Mission Accomplished"
We're right across from the Virginia Tech campus at 620 N Main.
We feature Crizal Anti-Reflection lenses, Silhouette Eyewear and the whole family of Alcon-Ciba contact lenses, among other hi-tech and top quality lines.
Q&A with Dr. J
Dr. Jacobs Answers Your Eyecare Questions
Q. Are contact lenses today really that different from those of a few years back?
Every year there are new and different contact lenses. The advances in technology mirror that in many other industries. I love when someone says “I can’t wear contact lenses. They’re not very comfortable.” Or “I have astigmatism.” And when I ask “When did you last try them?” they answer “Oh, about 15 years ago.” Does the phone you have today do a little better and a little more than the one 15 years ago? I’m sure it does. And for the same reason, if you wear contact lenses, your eye doctor should tell you about and let you try newer technology lenses, even if your current ones “are fine”. You probably wouldn’t want the gal at Verizon to encourage you to stick with an old flip phone, and so you shouldn’t want your eye doctor to encourage you to stick with 20th century contact lens technology either.
Find out more about our Blacksburg Eye Clinic:
- Eye Exam in Blacksburg - schedule an appointment online
- Meet our Blacksburg Optometrists
- Meet our Eye Care Team
- Check Out our Online Eye Art Gallery
- Ask our Eye Doctor a Question
- Find maps and directions to our Blacksburg Eye Clinic (serving Christiansburg, Radford and the New River Valley).
- Review our Vision Insurance Information that Dr. Jacobs accepts
- Review our Practice on Google+ and leave us a message.
News & Events
- Dec 22, 2014 - 8 Tips to Beat Winter Dry Eyes
- Dec 4, 2014 - "Eye" Am Home for the Holidays - 7 Eye Tips for College Students
- Nov 25, 2014 - Do You Know the Facts About Diabetic Eye Disease?
November is Diabetic Eye Disease Awareness Month. Do you know the facts? More »
- Oct 29, 2014 - Best of Blacksburg Raffle News
Best of Blacksburg Raffle is in full swing. 30+ local businesses have donated close to $1000 in items. All proceeds go to VICCC and NRV Cares. Come and get your tickets.More »
- Oct 29, 2014 - 7th Annual Eye Wear Trunk Show and Local Charity Fundraiser
- Jun 30, 2014 - NRV Leading Lights Community Service Award for Dr. Jacobs
- Jun 24, 2014 - Air Optix Colors
- Feb 12, 2014 - Don't let this happen to you - Take care of your eyes!!!
Eye infections don't care if you're a pre-schooler, a college student, a Mom,....... or even Bob Costas covering the Olympics for millions of viewers! More »
- Oct 4, 2013 - Some Whats and Whys of the Eyes
Dr. Steve Jacobs' most recent article in series on children's vision, in NRV Macaroni Kid newsletter. More »