Serving Blacksburg, Christiansburg & NRV since 1990
7th Annual Trunk Show and Local Charity Fundraiser
Our Trunk Show was a Great Success!
With donations and our matching donation,
NRV Cares and VICCC now each have $560 more for their vital programs
Thank you to all who contributed !
At Dr. Steve Jacobs, Optometrist, it's our mission to keep the eyes of Blacksburg and the NRV healthy, seeing clearly and looking great. Whether you need sunglasses, anti-allergy eye drops, the latest in contact lenses, or just want to have fun trying on our great selection of eyeglasses, we're the eye doctors to see in Blacksburg, VA!!!
Help us say "Mission Accomplished"
We're right across from the Virginia Tech campus at 620 N Main.
We feature Crizal Anti-Reflection lenses, Silhouette Eyewear and the whole family of Alcon-Ciba contact lenses, among other hi-tech and top quality lines.
Q&A with Dr. J
Dr. Steve Jacobs Answers Your Eyecare Questions
I've been getting headaches lately. Should I have an eye exam?
An eye exam may be a good place to start if you can’t readily attribute the headache to another cause. Although headaches occur for many reasons, a significant number are visually related. In particular, those associated with reading or other sustained visual activities, and those resulting in discomfort around or behind the eyes or the forehead are often visually induced. Also, if vision is blurred when looking far away or when reading, the strain may lead to a headache. On the other hand, headaches present when you first wake up are much less likely to have a visual contribution. And some, like those affecting the back of the head and neck may not be directly related to vision, but may arise from trying to look through bifocals when working on a computer. An eye exam can help determine if the cause is visual or if your Primary Care Physician should be consulted.
Find out more about our Blacksburg Eye Clinic:
- Eye Exam in Blacksburg - schedule an appointment online
- Meet our Blacksburg Optometrists
- Meet our Eye Care Team
- Check Out our Online Eye Art Gallery
- Ask our Eye Doctor a Question
- Find maps and directions to our Blacksburg Eye Clinic (serving Christiansburg, Radford and the New River Valley).
- Review our Vision Insurance Information that Dr. Jacobs accepts
- Review our Practice on Google+ and leave us a message.
News & Events
- Jan 27, 2015 - Under Pressure: Are you at Risk for Glaucoma?
- Jan 5, 2015 - Best of Blacksburg Raffle - Congratulations and Thank Yous
These great local businesses helped us raise $1400 for Valley Interfaith Child Care Center and NRV Cares. Please give them a hand, and your support. More »
- Dec 31, 2014 - Know How and When to Treat an Eye Infection
- Dec 23, 2014 - Check out or latest newsletter - Happy December 2014
- Dec 22, 2014 - 8 Tips to Beat Winter Dry Eyes
- Oct 29, 2014 - Best of Blacksburg Raffle News
Best of Blacksburg Raffle is in full swing. 30+ local businesses have donated close to $1000 in items. All proceeds go to VICCC and NRV Cares. Come and get your tickets.More »